Simple but Beautiful Look
It is beautiful color in lovely shape, can holds 1 stick of softened butter, great for a family of 4 and simple to use. It is also an elegant decoration on the dinner table for home or party.
Easy to use for fresh butter or Margarine butter
1. According to the water level, pouring approximately 1/2 inch of water in the basin.
2. Filling the top of the butter keeper with butter, pack it in really tight.（Using back of spoon, push butter down into 'bowl' of keeper, smoothing off at top.）
3. Put the butter lip down into the crock upside down!
4. Keep the butter crock in a cool place to prevent the butter drops from the top of the lip.
Things to know and frequently asked questions.
1. Why does the butter stay in the Butter Keeper lid?
The butter is held in by the surface tension. That is why the butter needs to be packed into the lid. It does not fall out is to pack it in really tight.
2. How much water and how often do I need to change?
According to the water level, pouring approximately 1/2 inch of water in the basin. The water should be changed every 2-3 days, cold water will be better.
3. My butter is falling into the base, why?
The butter will fall out if it is not packed well. It needs to touch the sides with no spaces or gaps.
Besides, when the temperature approaches 80℉(27℃), the butter will become to soft to stay in the lid. You need to keep the butter crock in a cool place or add ice to the water in the base.
4. When butter gets low (e.g. to 1/3 or less) would it goes rancid?
It's still reducing the exposure of the butter to air. The time of keeping fresh is still more longer than other traditional butter dish.
5. Is the Butter Keeper easy to clean?
Yes, the Butter Keeper Crock is dishwasher safe. If needed, clean by hand with hot water and dishwashing liquid.